COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan
In compliance with the most recent Executive Orders in Michigan and Kent County, this COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan is effective September 1, 2020 and is available upon request to employees and customers.
The Plan is designed to incorporate all applicable and practicable MIOSHA workplace safety guidelines and recommendations, and where any differences may appear, we reserve the right to amend the Plan on a case-by-case basis in order to assure the health and safety of our employees and guests.
Fruit Ridge Hayrides LLC employs individuals at the low-medium risk exposure level and therefore implements the following control measures effective as of the date of this Plan:
- All employees will be provided masks that must be worn at all times.
- Guests over the age of 4 years must wear masks at the registers and in places where they are unable to social distance.
- Frequent hand washing is required.
- Social distancing of at least six feet is required to the extent practicable.
- Alcohol-based hand rubs with at least 60% alcohol, tissues, and waste receptacles will be made available to employees, visitors and customers.
- Employees who are sick, feel like they may be getting sick, or who reside with and must care for someone who is sick or feel that they may be getting sick are encouraged to stay home.
- Employees are encouraged to self-monitor for signs of COVID-19. If you experience symptoms of COVID-19, you are encouraged to report it and isolate from the work place and others.
- Until notified further, sick policies will be relaxed to encourage individuals to remain home if sick or feeling sick. Doctors' notes or other verifications will not be required.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
- Where practicable, equipment, phones, desks, and other similar items should not be shared.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting measures should be undertaken with EPA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Any employee or guest who appears or becomes ill will be offered a face mask until such time as they can safely leave the business. Employees will not be permitted to return until 10 days after symptoms begin/last fever.
- Guests will be informed, by signage about symptoms of COVID-19 and personal protection such as social distancing and mask wearing.
- Where possible, work shifts will involve the physical presence of fewer employees.
- Physical and administrative changes have been put in place to minimize exposure.
- Medical screening availability and other health resources will be conspicuously posted in the workplace. Safety practices and training will be implemented and documented for all employees.
- Appropriate PPE will be available as work tasks require. This includes, but is not limited to, face coverings and gloves.
This policy shall remain in effect until further notice.
Thanks for helping to keep our staff and guests safe so that everyone may enjoy family fun down on the farm at Fruit Ridge Hayrides LLC.
^ Back to Top